Welcome to the Leicester Counselling Service Website!
We are Rutland House Counselling and Psychotherapy Ltd (RHCP Ltd), a professional and experienced therapy service in Leicester city centre. We offer a subsidised low-cost private counselling service at less than half the average cost of private counselling. All our therapists are fully qualified and members of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) or the United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy, we all adhere to the professional codes of ethics and practice of those bodies.
Unlike our full cost services (see main website) our low-cost service is designed to support those on low-incomes who may appreciate access to individually tailored counselling, which they may otherwise be unable to access. Although we are unable to offer a free service, we are proud to offer a service which responds to the demands of modern communities for affordable counselling; our charges are significantly lower than standard private charges. In order to deliver this service we utilise fully qualified therapists who volunteer their time to provide this service to the community.
Our low-cost counselling is available to individuals on a short and long-term basis at a convenient location in central Leicester. Please contact us for session availability.
Why might you seek counselling?
Here are a few examples of why you might seek counselling:
- Depression, Stress or Anxiety
- Illness or disability
- Anger management
- A sense of being stuck
- A general sense of dissatisfaction
- A lack of purpose
- Difficulty making decisions
- Body image difficulties
- Emotional relationship with food (both under and over eating)
- Loss of meaning
- Loss of identity
- Work issues
- Spiritual crisis
- Issues around self-worth and self-esteem
- Sexual, physical and emotional abuse survival
Life stage issues
- Mid-life crisis
- Separation and divorce
- Bereavement and loss
- Coming out
Relationship and Family issues
- Feelings of loneliness and isolation
- Problems with intimacy and sex
- Problems connecting with friends and family
- Commitment issues
- Fidelity, trust & jealousy issues
- Uncertainty regarding a relationship's future
- Grief over the loss of a relationship
To book an appointment contact Leicester Counselling Service